Starting a Fund
It is easy to help your client establish a named charitable fund.
- First, decide what type of contribution the client would like to use to establish the fund. A donor can contribute cash, securities, or other property.
- Select a name for the fund. Clients can use their own name, the name of a family member or one they invent.
- Designate current fund advisors such as the client and spouse, and successor advisors such as children.
- Complete and sign a simple governing document that we will provide and help customize for the donor.
- Specify how grant disbursements are to be acknowledged: in the name of the fund or anonymously
Once a fund is established, donors may:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount. In fact, any donor may add to the fund at any time.
- If a donor advised fund has been established, the donor may recommend distributions from their fund to charities, locally or throughout Canada
To get started, explore a donation option or discuss a situation, contact us for further information